Stephanie Nash has an MFA from the Yale School of Drama, and for over 15 years has been an Associate Professor Adjunct and a respected Mindfulness Meditation Coach. Teaching credits include:
- 15 years as an Associate Professor Adjunct at the Art Center College of Design teaching Graduate Film Directors (with emphasis on how to get great performances from actors.)
- Currently on the faculty at UCLA's Acting for the Camera Professional Program, and teaches Body Language and Presentation Skills at UCLArts & Healing.
- Taught Acting & Comedy at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts, Acting & "Expressive Movement" at USC, On-Camera Commercial classes at many studios in LA and she also does a lot of private coaching for actors and directors.
- Designed and taught a mindfulness program for a Harvard Medical School brain study, and she also recorded 3 meditation apps for a Carnegie Mellon Mindfulness Stress Reduction Study last fall. Her non-profit, Mindfulness Arts, is committed to bringing mindfulness into the performing process to help foster more creativity, ease, and efficacy.
As an actor, Stephanie has performed on stage at Lincoln Center, the Kennedy Center, Utah Shakespeare Festival, Off-Broadway and was in the original Broadway Tour of *Barnum*. In Los Angeles, Stephanie has had several critically acclaimed leading performances at the Odyssey Theatre – in addition to her solo show, *A White Woman on the Red Road* (about her vision quest – 4 days with no food or water), which will soon be published in book form and has been optioned for a film. Credits include:
- Recurring on Fresh Off the Boat
- recent Guest Stars on Heartbeat, Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, Castle, and Criminal Minds
- other TV credits: Parenthood, Intelligence, Ghost Whisperer, The Closer, and Weeds
- dozens of national commercials – and usually has 2-3 running at any given time
FREE Mindful Acting w/ Stephanie Nash - Saturday, May 13, 2017 1:00 pm
Get nerves in your auditions or on set? Wish you could book more?
In this 1 hour FREE introductory workshop, Actor/Coach Stephanie Nash will give you tips to being mindful from Auditions to Set and take your acting to the next level!
Saturday, May 13, 2017 1:00pm
Open to students 18 and above.
Mindful Acting: from Auditions to Set w/ Stephanie Nash - Saturday, May 20, 2017 10:00 am
Learn from Stephanie Nash techniques that will take your work to the next level!
This intensive includes:
- Body language techniques-simple ways your body language can create a better performance
- Focus techniques - learning to relax in any situation. (Great for auditions or on set!)
- How to be Director-proof! - What to do in callbacks and on the set when directors say things that you don't understand - or ask you to do something you thought you were doing - or give you qualities to play (which will screw with any performance.)
- Get a structure for your performance that will support you - keeping you focused & effective - no matter how you are feeling that day, and leaving room for any creative impulses you may want to explore in the moment
This intensive will be all day from 10am-5pm, with a 1 hour break (pack a lunch or dine near by on your break).
Please bring in 5-10 lines (5 long sentences, 10+ short ones) from a monologue or scene - ideally that are not telling a story of what happened in the past. It would be ideal if it is written in *present tense* - I.e. I think ,I feel, I want, you are ___, don't do that, come here, why is this? I can't, go away, etc.
**This is a special event and vouchers are not available**
Saturday, May 20, 2017 10:00am
Open to students 18 and above.